"Walking through the lobby of the Waldorf-Astoria with your fly undone is different. But it's not good." ~Legendary GM design chief Bill Mitchell

Friday, September 16, 2005

Of Hops and Bears


I'm reviewing this a little after the fact. Maybe a week after the fact, I'm not really sure. I've been working so much lately I haven't been able to get close to updating my blog. And when I haven't been working I've been tearing down that damn motorcycle. I won't get into that now. This entry is about beer! Bear Republic's Racer 5 India Pale Ale. It's very highly carbonated! I poured this beer into a large mug, well over 22oz, that I borrowed from a friend. I made the mistake of trying to agitate the pour to induce more head. It would have had plenty on it's own. The head was thick and creamy and it just wouldn't quit! That foamy head stuck around forever. Similar to the head, it had a very creamy mouthfeel to it. Not nearly as hoppy as I had been lead to believe, very smooth. It was a very balanced beer with a 7% abv. A little more tame than similar offerings but I enjoyed it none the less.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home