"Walking through the lobby of the Waldorf-Astoria with your fly undone is different. But it's not good." ~Legendary GM design chief Bill Mitchell

Friday, August 26, 2005

Beer Stuff

I'm really doing this just to appease Davis. I like beer. Real beer. Not the watery rejects from prohibition that survived by disguising themselves as horse urine before making a comeback by appealing to the lowest common denominator. I mean the stuff that good red blooded Americans began brewing based on recipies handed down after generations of uninterupted brewing in the old countries. That's real beer.

Consequently I am going to review the beer I'm drinking right now. Just because I like beer doesn't mean I know what I'm talking about when I review it. That's why I'm not posting here or here. Those guys actually know what they're talking about. So on to the review!

I'm drinking a 22oz bottle of Pikop Andropov's Rushin' Imperial Stout, brewed by Hale's Ales in Seattle Washington. I want to start by saying this beer is BLACK. It looks like the used motor oil that just leaked all over the inside of my trunk. Other stouts seem to lighten up a little bit at the edges but this one is thick and black. No I'm not going to make that joke no matter how easy it is. At first I wasn't a big fan of the flavor. It tastes way too sour. Honestly I considering not finishing the bottle. But it's starting to grow on me. Maybe it's the easy drinkability. When I said thick I meant the color, it's really got a rather watery mouthfeel compared to some stouts. But it does go down easy without making me feel like I just ate dinner. Or it might be the 8% abv. Either way, I am going to finish it up. This beer wasn't a waste and it is rather unique. There are better imperial stouts out there however, so I don't think I'll be picking this one up again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home