"Walking through the lobby of the Waldorf-Astoria with your fly undone is different. But it's not good." ~Legendary GM design chief Bill Mitchell

Monday, August 21, 2006

Diabolique


It's been a long time since I've done a beer review. Mostly because I've stocked my beer fridge with mainly Magic Hat and Sierra Nevada 12-packs. No longer living on the same side of town as Wine & Beer has limited my selection to only that found at Kroger (it's kinda like Shaws). They have a decent selection for a grocery store (they stock Arrogant Bastard) but I'm still pretty sure most of you have had everything they stock. Well tonight I am drinking one of the more robust offerings. A 750 of Cuvee Diabolique, imported from Belgium. For some reason it was routed through Seattle. I would have thought they could have saved on shipping costs by importing it through New York. Anyway, on to the review. Please keep in mind that I only have 2 swallows of the bottle left so I may not give the most accurate account of the beer. The smell is typical Belgian Ale, similar to Duvel. The final pour is a cloudy yellow. Very flavorful, but again typical Belgian. 8.5% alcohol so at this time, typing requires concentration. And I still get some words wrong. That's really all the analysis I can manage at the moment. There is really nothing unusual about this beer. But since Belgian Ales are really my favorite style I rate it highly and much prefer it to many of the beers that currently inhabit my beer fridge. Yes I said it again, I have a beer fridge. It's an entire fridge dedicated to nothing but beer (the freezer is stocked with meat).

Edit: I forgot to mention, this beverage was drunk from one of my Delirium Tremens tulip glasses. Pink elephants and all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home